Monday - Saturday: 7:45 A.M., 6:45 P.M.
Saturday - 5:00 P.M.
At St. Hyacinth Parish we celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism after the 12:30 pm Sunday Mass. Typically that means a 1:45 start time. Families should be in the church no later than 1:35. Baptisms in English are celebrated on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month. Baptisms in Polish are celebrated on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Arrangements are to be made in the parish office at least one month before the date of the baptism.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The family should be registered members of the parish. Non parishioners must present the proper documentation from their home parish.
- At least one parent must be Catholic, but both must agree to the baptism.
- Parents must attend a preparation class prior to the baptism. It is preferred that godparents also attend. Baptismal classes are held on the Thursday evening before the baptism in the rectory. English class for the 1st and 3rd Sundays, is held at 7:00 pm. Polish class for the 2nd and 4th Sunday is held at 7:30 pm. On those Thursdays which are holidays, other arrangements must be made.
- Must have received the Sacrament of Baptism and Eucharist.
- Must be a mature, practicing member of the Catholic Church who is at least 16 years old. This means regularly participating in the sacramental life of the church.
- Should have received the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Must be married in the Catholic Church, or living singly if not married.
- Must provide proof from their parish that they are practicing and are baptized. These documents must be presented to the church prior to the baptismal class.
- Should be someone who shares with the parents the task of handing on the faith to the child.
Usually there are two godparents, one male and one female. If you chose to have more than two, the others will be called witnesses to the ceremony. If one of the persons chosen to be a godparent is not Catholic, they too are called a witness. If for some reason a godparent cannot be present, a proxy must be present.
Please register for marriage at least 6 months prior to your planned wedding.
1. Setting the date and time of marriage:
2. $100.00 non-refundable deposit is to be made before a reservation of date and time is finalized.
3. Designation of priest or deacon, as a celebrant of the marriage:
If celebrant not of St. Hyacinth Basilica staff the priest’s present place of assignment at:
SECOND MEETING (at least 1/2 hour):
This should be at least two months before the marriage date.
1. Baptismal Certificate (dated within the last six months).
2. Confirmation Certificate (may be the original)
3. For non-parishioners:
A letter from the bride’s pastor to transfer the marriage to St. Hyacinth Basilica.
This should be at least one month before the marriage date.
1. Two affidavits testifying freedom to marry:
(at least 5 minutes for each person)
Groom (1) _________________________________________________________________
Groom (2) _________________________________________________________________
Bride (1) _________________________________________________________________
Bride (2) _________________________________________________________________
2. Certificate of attendance in Marriage Preparation Program
Date arranged with Pre-Cana Conference Office as sponsored by the Archdiocese of Chicago (or in another diocese or a program approved by the priest preparing the couple for marriage).
See the list of the websites of Archdiocesan programs at the bottom of the page.
3. Setting date of Rehearsal and Marriage Ceremony:
Date of Rehearsal: ___________________
Mass & Marriage: ___________________
Ceremony ONLY: ___________________
Details of Marriage Ceremony and Mass will be presented at this time.
4. Marriage License (Good for ONLY 60 DAYS before the date of marriage)
To be had in the parish office at least one week before the marriage date.
5. Payment of Fees:
Should be made when the license is brought in.
$ 450.00 - Church Fee
$ 125.00 - Organist Fee
For persons under twenty-one (21):
A signed permission of parents to marry.
For persons with previous marriage:
A) Certificate of Death of a former spouse (s.)
B) Certificate of Annulment (previous church marriage (s.) )
C) Divorce Certificate (any marriage which occurred outside the Church)
D) If you, as a couple, are already married civilly or in any other ceremony - the official license must be submitted.
When another Mass or Ceremony is scheduled after your wedding, your Mass & Ceremony and pictures may not exceed 1 hour and 15 minutes.
To start later than the appointed hour may cause an embarrassing situation and conflict with other services following your marriage.
Tardiness to begin on time may be a reason to NOT allow any time for taking of pictures after the ceremony.
Photographers and video personnel:
A) should see the priest celebrant 10 minutes before the ceremony.
B) are NOT PERMITTED in the sanctuary during the ceremony
After the ceremony photos may be taken in front of the altar rail.
With the limited time to take photos of the wedding party and immediate families, it is best that others wait outside the church.
In this way, we are able to maintain reverence for the sacred space.
If inclement weather conditions exists, guests should wait
in the lobby of the church.
RICE, CONFETTI, BIRD SEEDS or any throwable materials MUST NOT BE USED inside or outside of the church. NO FLOWER PETALS. NO PLASTIC RUNNER IN THE CHURCH’S MAIN AISLE.
PLEASE ADVISE YOUR GUESTS through your invitations that the church address is:
ST. HYACINTH BASILICA
3635 W. George St.
Chicago, IL 60618
THANK YOU for considering St. Hyacinth Basilica for your marriage.
THANK YOU for adhering to the above schedule.
So as to carry the sacredness of your marriage ceremony it is strongly advised that the front of
the church is NOT to be used for drinking champagne or other alcoholic beverages.
PLEASE ADVISE YOUR LIMOUSINE CARRIER:
A) to respect this request
B) that space should be made for the limousine carrier of the wedding party of the marriage that follows your ceremony.
Check these Websites